Thanks for visiting! Here you’ll find more about me, my thoughts, my writing, and other projects. Also, please check out Failing Schools if you’re looking for more first-person perspectives on the school reform debate as it affects America’s struggling public schools. The next evolution of that project, Reclaiming Reform, soft-launched this past February.
- Rebuilding the Village: What Our Schools, and Our Society, Need Now
- Why ‘Won’t Back Down’ Just Doesn’t Stack Up
- Inside ALEC’s Education Task Force: Private Players Manipulating Public Education
- The Real Stand for Children
- If we really want to #protectourkids, let’s have an honest conversation.
- On the Ethics of Selling Slingshots
- Sending Teacher-Bashing out of Style
- A People (em-)Powered Evaluation System
- ‘Bad’ Women, Teachers, and Politics
- Back to School, Fall 2011: Talking about school funding & infrastructure issues on the Michael Eric Dyson Show
- “Stories of Struggle & Hope“: interviews with CUNY Professor Michelle Fine, high school student organizer Tabrian Joe, and me during the Save Our Schools Conference. Thanks to Deborah Polin & Tim Scott of Education Radio. (My segment begins around minute 32)
- BlogTalkRadio interview with Cynematic & Donna Schwartz Mills of MOMocrats
WATCH: “Engaging Progressives in the Fight to Save Public Education” with NEA VP Lily Eskelsen, Congresswoman Judy Chu (D-CA), Dr. Kevin Welner of the National Education Policy Center, and me. Video by Free Speech TV.